Showcasing Concept Car for the Future
Mar 19 - 25, 2007
A huge crowd pulled by Auto Asia-2007 at Expo Center, Karachi, last week indicated the exciting features of automobile industry and the robust growth in production taking the industry towards the economy of the scale - a good sign indeed.
Indus Motor Company (IMC), manufacturers of the Toyota and Daihatsu brands in Pakistan, displayed their premier range of automobiles at the Auto Asia-2007.
The range of Toyota and Daihatsu vehicles were displayed, including Toyota's top of the line Camry, the elegant Land Cruiser, the stylish new look Altis and the Cuore A/T, the only automatic transmission car in the economy segment.
In addition to the product display, Indus Motor Company had also made arrangements to enable their valued customers to test drive the vehicles, to have an experience of the drive, luxury and comfort of its vehicles.
Besides disseminating information on their diverse product range and services, IMC displayed a unique concept car, depicting possible designs and technology innovations for the future.
The international Auto Asia Exhibition showcased the emerging technologies developed in Pakistan and abroad in the automobile sector and aimed to focus on the immense potential of automobiles, other transportation modes, related services, auto-parts and accessories to cater to the requirements of Pakistani and international markets.
The overwhelming market response in fact was an assurance for mega display of locally manufactured units, however, the way the industry is taking strides in volume and value addition such event might attract international players coming forward.
Indus Motor Company is a joint venture of Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan, and The House of Habib, Pakistan. Established in 1993, the company now has annual sales of nearly 50,000 cars, including the popular Toyota Corolla, which is the market leader in its segment.
Toyota unveiled its range and technology commitment to the people of Pakistan by bringing Toyota products closer to customers so that they can experience first-hand the quality, durability and reliability promises of its products.
• Toyota, as always has taken the lead in setting up the most attractive and interactive display.
• Successfully shared with the public the Toyota Technology Commitment by putting on display a first of its kind Concept Car, depicting the possible future direction of automobile technology and design.
• Successfully conducted test drives for multiple potential customers for three main-line Toyota products, i.e. Camry, Altis A/T and Coure A/T.
• Firmly established the Toyota brand as the automobile leader in the country through this display.
• Overall, more than 15,000 visitors came to the Toyota stall to view the various products on display.
• Successfully executed more than 150 test-drives for the three cars to relevant target customers.
ANALYSIS AND FEASIBILITY OF PARTICIPATION
On a macro scale, the main objective of participating in such an event was to promote the Toyota brand and showcase the complete range that only Toyota offers in Pakistan- from the quality compact Cuore to the luxurious new Camry, 4x4s of all categories as well as commercial vehicles. Through the interactive stall, offers of test-drives and the display of the Toyota CS&S Concept Vehicle, this objective was largely fulfilled and IMC was able to strongly position its products in the customers' mind. The event left excellent recall for customers, who will always cherish their experience of being part of the Toyota Family on these three days of the exhibition, said a senior IMC official.