FOR THE RECORD
.

.

By AZAM ALI
July 12 - 18, 2004
.

 

 

 

 

* "ONLY 40% CITIZENS CAST their votes in the presidential election of the United States of America, while remaining 60% do not bother to participate in the exercise"

(Former Minister for state senator Javed Jabbar made these remarks in his philosophical speech at a seminar on greater alliance in the Middle East Muslim States. The active 40% voters are in the strong grip of the Jews lobby enabling the Israel to dictate the US policies against Muslim World. The thought provoking Idea he floated was that Muslims should work on the remaining 60% idle voters to have their support for the cause of the Muslim World in the US politics this Idea offers a challenge to those Muslim forces who claim to be the preachers of Islam)

* "MY HOME and my future is in Pakistan"

(Imran Khan 51, former cricketer and now politician said this while announcing divorce to Jemima 30, daughter of late billionaire Sir James Goldsmith who converted from Judaism to Islam and came to live modestly with her husband in Pakistan.)

*"MAY BE THIS WAR will take a long time, may be this is a world war"

(One of the Arab Sheiks Jihadi said, who gathered to discuss the Jihad, in a safe house lies on the out-skirts of Falluja a neighborhood where no Americans have ventured.

* "IT WOULD BE a mistake to treat the enemies the way they treat us"

(Former US President Bill Clinton said at New York University.)

*"HE TALKED ABOUT IT AS though I had laid it all out there for the taking. I was the buffet, and he just could not resist the desert. That's not how it was. It was a mutual relationship."

(Monica Lewinsky, disputing former US President Bill Clinton's characterizations of their relationship in his new, best selling memoir.

*"THE PENTAGON HAS obtained more photos and video footage that show U.S. troops engaged in even worse behavior, the prison guards carrying out numerous incidents of sadistic, blatant and wanton abuse for months"

 

 

(The US Secretary Defense Donald Rumsfeld said while testifying before the senate.)

*"IT IS A MAJOR GOAL OF BUSH ADMINISTRATION to break up this network and go after absolutely every single corner of it, in order to make sure that it cannot be reconstituted either by someone in Pakistan or any body else in the world"

(US Assistant Secretary of state for South Asia Christina Rocca said during recent congressional hearing)

*"YOU WILL NOT FIND any contradiction in what we say and act"

(Prime Minister Chaudhry Shujaaat Hussain announced during his first speech in Karachi after assuming as PM)

*"AS MANY AS 15 seats, including one in Fata had been offered to me for election"

(Finance Minister and prime minister in waiting Shaukat Aziz said while addressing a big gathering outside the returning officer in Attok, after filling his nomination papers)

*"WE KNOW SADDAM HUSSEIN had weapons of mass destruction but we know we have not found them and that we may not find them"

(British Prime Minister Tony Blair admitted before parliamentary testimony)

*"I AM SADDAM HUSSEIN, President of the Republic of Iraq."

(Saddam Hussein said to the judge on his first court appearance in Baghdad)

*"God created the world in six days. How can we expect Allawi to improve things in one?"

(Adil Jabbar a Baghdad merchant commenting on high expectations in Iraq for its new Prime Minister Iyad Allawi)

*"THE RUINED VILLAGES, THE CAMPS OVERFLOWING with sick and hungry women and children and the fear in the eyes of the people should be a clear warning to all of us"

(UN Secretary General Kofi Annan said while warning to African leaders of region regarding severe violence incidents in Sudan)

*"I WOULD LIKE YOU TO LEASE HURRY" Come sooner than September"

(Hamid Karzai, Afghan President appealing to NATO appealing up its deployment of 3,500 additional troops for security for election in Afghanistan in September)

*"I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE, that with your help, the next Vice President of the United States will be Senator John Edwards of North Carolina"

(Democratic White House hopeful John Kerry told a rally in downtown during presidential election campaign)