• Chief Executive Officer (CEO): AVM Aamer Ali
Sharieff, PAF (Retd), a well-reputed figure in our aviation industry.
• Managing Director: Air Vice-Marshal Syed Ataur
Rahman, PAF (Retd).
• Consequent upon liberalization of Aviation
Policy by the Government of Pakistan, Shaheen Air International
commenced its scheduled services within Pakistan on 10th December,
1993 with two Boeing 737-200 aircraft Subsequently, the Prime Minister
designated Shaheen Air International as the "Second National
Carrier of Pakistan" on 23rd October, 1994. It was also
authorized to operate scheduled/international flights between Peshawar
and Dubai. Thus, Shaheen Air International became the first carrier
amongst the private sector airlines of Pakistan to operate
international flights. It is a public limited company with paid up
capital of Rs. 200 million.
Domestic: Karachi, Islamabad, Lahore and Peshawar
International: Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al-Ain, Kuwait,
Muscat and Doha, from all major cities of Pakistan.
Operating 48 domestic and 46 international flights
per week to and from major cities of Pakistan.
• The present SAI management has undertaken the
task of completely restructuring the airline and revitalizing all
areas of operations.
• Professionals have been hired in all
departments to develop Human Resource skills.
• Present operation is with TU-154B, TU-154M and
YAK-42D aircraft. Process of inducting wasted aircraft has been
• It has established indigenous Flight Kitchen,
Reservation System, Sales outlets and training center for cabin crew.
• SAI is very sensitive to maintaining the
highest safety standards. It has therefore, established a fully
functional Corporate Safety Division.
• The airline is maintaining 98.5% dispatch
reliability and is well known and reputed for it's on time departures,
excellent on ground and in-flight service.
• The airline has interline agreement with 22
• The manpower includes more than 436 employees
in Marketing & Reservation, Finance, Ground Services, Flight
Services, Food Services, Flight Operations, Personnel and
Administration, Information Technology Corporate Planning Departments.