Ihsan Trust founded (registered) on 07th day of January 2010 is a non-profit organization, established with the aim of providing financial assistance for Medicare facilities, Islamic Microfinance, Immediate Relief to the affectees of any natural disaster/calamity, Rehabilitation and other community building services and above all, the Interest Free Loan (Qarz-e-Hasna) facility to the needy students seeking higher education in Pakistan.
Ihsan Trust is engaged in all these activities to help and assist poor and down trodden and increase their standard of living. As a rule, it is following the principle as per Holy Quran,
“In their wealth there was a right for one who asks and who is deprived.” [Sūrah Adh-Dhāriyāt 51:19]
Registered under Trust Act 1882, Ihsan Trust is basically the operator of Ihsan Trust Fund which is a “WAQF” made through a separate Waqf deed.
The name of the Trust i.e. “Ihsan Trust” has been derived from the Quranic concept of “Ihsan”
“Is the reward of goodness (Ihsan) aught but goodness (Ihsan)?” [Sūrah Ar-Rahmān 55:60]
Its Mission is to reach out and help the poor and needy in a manner that is only according to the principles of Islam so as to take care/look after the well being of poor and needy and to encourage the socio economic uplift of the low income community in order to increase the economic prosperity of the society, ultimately contributing towards the betterment of Pakistan and Ummah.
The Aim and Objectives of IT is to raise the standard of living of under privileged, downtrodden, neglected sections of the population and low income group, with a strategic approach for developing sustainable system for the welfare of these neglected segments, helping the society as a whole. This includes:
- Providing Qarz-e-Hasna for Higher Education
- Skill Development
- Islamic Microfinance
- Rural Development
- Health & Hygiene
- Immediate relief to the affectees of any natural disaster
- Rehabilitation and other community building services
- Providing Qarz-e-Hasna for Higher Education
- Establishment and operation of orphanages
- Providing funds for the marriage of poor girls
- Assist indebted poor people
We at Ihsan Trust believe that education forms the backbone of every society. According to our research, there is tremendous potential in most children of Pakistan living in urban slums. However, due to their poor financial status and unavailability of cheap education in their vicinity, they are forced into child labor and other malpractices. They grow unskilled and are never able to climb the ladder to improve their status.
We have faith that if these children are given the opportunity to have formal education, they will change their lives and of those around them. In the long-run, they will come out of the vicious cycle of poverty and will become beneficial for the society. Ihsan Trust has collaborated with various organizations working in the Education sector to prove quality education to the poor and needy children. These organizations operate primary and secondary schools with qualified teachers in urban slums. They include:
- Muslim Welfare Center
- The Citizens Foundation (TCF)
- Idara Al Khair
- The Care Foundation
- The Garage School
- Pakistan Disabled Foundation
- Green Crescent Trust
- Centre for Development of Social Services (CDSS)
- Diya Pakistan
- Shafi Educational Trust
- SOS Children Village
- Bunyad Foundation
- Kiran Foundation
- APWA RLCC Karachi
- Pakistan Education Foundation (PEF), Karachi
Interest Free Loan (Qarz-e-Hasna) Facility for Higher Education
The utmost significance of the of role higher education in societal uplift and nation building as a whole is second to none. We believe that obtaining good quality education is a right of each citizen and absolutely no deserving student should be denied this right based on his ability to pay for it. However, in recent times quality higher education has become a luxury to be afforded by only the upper-middle and elite class of citizens. We were inspired by the need-blind culture in various universities abroad and decided to bring it to Pakistan where thousands of deserving candidates are discouraged to even apply for higher education institutions because of their inability to afford them. Ihsan Trust is acting as a beacon of hope for all of them and also to those who aspire and deserve to attend the top-notch institution of their choice in Pakistan irrespective of their financial status. This is done through provision of Interest-free loans (Qarz-e-Hasna) to deserving applicants of almost all the leading universities of Pakistan. Through this scheme, Ihsan Trust bears the educational expenses of the students on purely “Need cum Merit‟ basis enabling them to complete their Higher Education.
The Modus Operandi of Repayment of Qarz-e-Hasna Scheme
- The amount of Qarz-e-Hasna sanctioned to the selected student depends on his/her need and eligibility.
- Funds are directly transferred to the University`s account.
- During the study period, the student has to pay on a regular monthly basis a nominal, token repayment amount (depending upon the financial position of the candidates, his/her parents/guardians monthly income etc) to the Ihsan Trust.
- The monthly token repayment amount is always mutually agreed between the student and Ihsan Trust.
- After the completion of his/her education, the repayment amount for the Qarz-e-Hasna is agreed and settled according to the income of the student. Memorandum Of Understanding (Mou’s) for Ihsan Trust`s Qarz-e-Hasna Scheme
In order to proceed with the sanctioning of Qarz-e-Hasna to the students, Ihsan Trust first signs Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the institute/ University. As per MoU, the university initially select and shortlist the candidates for this scheme. The cases are then forwarded to the Ihsan Trust which after proper analysis of the documents then conducts the interviews of the candidates to assess their exact need and requirement of financial assistance.
The managing trustees then finally approve the student for this Qarz-e-Hasna facility and the funds of the Qarz-e-Hasna are then transferred in the University account on the behalf of the student. Nothing, not a single paisa is given in the hands of the selected students. Monthly token repayment from the student starts from the very next month.
Throughout this process, the university helps and assists Ihsan Trust by awareness campaigns, ensuring timely repayments by the students and acting as an intermediary between the Trust and the students.
Ihsan Trust-Biggest Donor of IBA Ihsan Trust -National Talent Hunt Program
Ihsan Trust is the biggest supporter of IBA Karachi`s National Talent Hunt Program. Ihsan Trust has entered into an MOU with Institute of Business Administration (IBA) Karachi to sponsor its NTHP Program. In this regard, since 2010, IT has been providing financial assistance to selected students of IBA NTHP from all over the Pakistan, who come and join IBA for the specialized NTHP orientation Program of three months. Then after their selection in IBA, 100% scholarship is given by IT to these selected students of NTHP.
In Islamic Microfinance, Ihsan Trust is collaborating with various Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) to provide Islamic Microfinance to the poor and needy across the country. In this connection, Ihsan Trust has collaborated with following organization for this Endeavour.
- Islamic Relief
- Muslim Aid
- Wasil Foundation
- WWF Pakistan
- Indus Hospital
- Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital
- Afzaal Memorial Thalassaemia Foundation
- Children Cancer Hospital Karachi
- Janum Project of Murshid Hospital
- Omair Sana Foundation (Thalassaemia)
- National Institute of Blood Diseases (NIBD) Karachi
- Friends of Burns Centre Karachi
- MALC- Marie Adelaide Leprosy Centre Karachi
- Nighbaan-Surgical Unit IV, Civil Hospital Karachi
- PWA-Patient Welfare Association, Civil Hospital Karachi
- The Kidney Centre
- Dar-us-Shifa Dialysis Centre
- Alamgir Welfare Trust
- Patient`s Welfare Association- Civil Hospital
- Welfare Society for Patient Care – Clifton Dialysis Centre
- Pakistan Association of the Deaf
- Bakhtawar Amin Memorial Trust (Multan)
- Begum Noor Memorial Hospital c/o Bin Qutub Foundation
- Koohi Goth Hospital
The ambit of Ihsan Trust is continuously increasing and plans are there to prove the Interest Free Loan Facility to at least 10,000 students across Pakistan in two to three years time. Alhamdulillah, Ihsan Trust has lots of success stories to date and it continues to bring a positive change in the society thus contributing towards nation building and making Pakistan a better place to live. May Allah accept all our efforts – Ameen!!!