The Maritime Training Institute, an awards winning Institution duly approved by the Govt. of Pakistan, affiliated with University of Karachi and an outreach campus of City of Glasgow College, of Scotland, UK to conduct and deliver Higher National Diploma Program and M.S in Shipping and Logistics.
The Maritime Training Institute was formed in October 1998. The main objective of MTI to protect Pakistan’s strategic maritime interests as well as to promote the Education and Training in all spheres of Maritime Industry, incompliance with the STCW 2010 and to satisfy the recommendations of the IMO & ILO Documents of Guidance.
Maritime Training Institute is continuously striving in its efforts to spearhead Pakistan’s development into leading “MARITIME CENTRE” of the “WORLD” to take initiatives which will positively impact the Pakistan’s industry and the nation.
In order to improve the standard and ensuring quality education and training, the institute has initiated first ever joint venture/collaboration with one of the leading and highly prestigious British Maritime College known as Glasgow College of Nautical Studies, which now renamed as CITY OF
Maritime Training Institute, Karachi, is also accredited by EDEXCEL-PEARSON to conduct and deliver their programs, ND- National diploma in Engineering and HND Higher national Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Maritime Training Institute, Karachi is one of the leading and premier institute not only in Pakistan but in this region, fully equipped with new digital means of education which includes state of the art simulators and work benches such as Ship handling Simulator, Engine Room Simulator, GMDSS Simulator, ECDIS Simulator, Liquid Cargo, chemical and Gas simulator, and Crane simulators.
In recognition of our dedication and continuous efforts and exceptional initiative to enhance standards in shipping through Education and Training in the region, Maritime Training Institute has been awarded following International and National Excellence awards.
- Winner of “DUBAI INTERNATIONAL MARITIME AWARD -2005”
- Finalist of “LLOYD’S LIST LONDON AWARD – 2007î
- Winner of “4th CSR NATIONAL EXCELLENCE AWARD – 2009”
- Finalist of “LLOYD’S LIST GLOBAL AWARD – 2010”
- Winner of “5th CSR NATIONAL EXCELLENCE AWARD – 2010”
- Winner of “LLOYD’S LIST- MEISC AWARD – 2010”
- Finalist of “SEATRADE MIDDLE EAST & INDIAN SUBCONTINENT AWARD – 2011
- Winner of “6th CSR NATIONAL EXCELLENCE AWARD – 2012”
- WINNER OF GOLD MEDAL OF FPPCI 1st ACVIEMENT AWARD – 2013
- Finalist of “SEATRADE MIDDLE EAST & INDIAN SUBCONTINENT AWARD – 2014
- HIGHLY COMMENDED TRAINING AWARD BY LLOYDS LIST 2014
- WINNER- GOLD MEDAL OF FPPCI 2nd. ACVIEMENT AWARD 2014
- WINNER- GOLD MEDAL OF FPPCI 3rd ACHIEVEMENT AWARD 2015